Monday, August 18, 2014

These photos show some features on my car which are different than most 1937 Plymouths. The Banjo steering wheel and Dash controls. From left to right the dash controls operated the Headlights, Throttle, Ignition Switch, Choke and Panel Lights.

This photo is from the internet and shows the common configuration of steering wheel type and dash controls. 
My car came with a Banjo steering wheel and contoured drawer type pull-push dash controls as seen in this internet photo. This is the only example I have personally seen and it appears European due to the right hand drive configuration of the driver’s position.
This is a photo of the steering wheel which came with my car (I still have this steering wheel and horn control/button). The one in the internet photo above is brown, mine is black and mine does not have the Plymouth logo on the horn button...it is plain smooth black.



 Here is a photo of the dash controls which came with my car. The Headlight drawer/handle and switch were missing from the sale (I sold these on ebay for a very respectable price).

No comments:

Post a Comment