Thursday, August 7, 2014

A little more background; I had been searching for a 1937 Dodge with the intention of transplanting an early (first Generation) 392 HEMI into it. My thought was to keep the car and engine maker the same (older Dodge vehicle with newer Dodge HEMI). I decided on the two door sedan over the coupe because of the added passenger capability but was not open to the four door option due to the traditional street rod styling I was going for. I decided on the 1937 year because of the awesome-to-me double D shaped rear windows and the humpback trunk of the touring sedans. 1937 was also the first year of the solid metal roof (no more canvas and wood insert) and it was also the last year of the crank out windshield. In addition the grills were full length top to bottom whereas the ’38 models were shortened at the bottom to accommodate a “bulbous chin” which did not feel proportionate to me. All in all I love the 1930’s Art Deco period for Chrysler products but I feel 1937 was the year it all came together for the era. 

No comments:

Post a Comment