Monday, February 9, 2015

I purchased a 2003 Dodge 5.7 HEMI engine and 545RFE transmission over the phone from a truck wrecking yard.

 This was the package waiting for me when I arrived
 This is the truck the engine and transmission came out of. It was a rollover. Mileage written on windsheild is 10,196 miles.

 They loaded it on my trailer with a forklift and I was on my way home in less than an hour.

 This first year Dodge introduced the next third generation HEMI and it came with two computers, one for the engine and the other for the transmission. The following year Dodge combined the two computers into one. All of the engine and transmission wiring harness were included but if I had it to do over again I would buy the entire vehicle because later in the build I needed other items from the donor vehicle i.e. the dash harness and anti-lock break control module for cruise control.



No comments:

Post a Comment